Are you a Hydraulic engineering student, looking for a graduate assignment in the direction of Coastal-; River, Ports, Waterways & Dredging- or Environmental Engineering?
How you can make your mark
Within the Boskalis Hydronamic department you apply and enhance your design and engineering skills. Together with our colleagues, you stretch the boundaries of science to meet the challenges on our projects worldwide. Within Hydronamic, you could contribute to engineering solutions for large infrastructure projects in the ports, offshore energy, maritime and inland infrastructure markets around the world. Our engineers align Boskalis capabilities and resources to the needs of the projects and combine state of the art knowledge with practical experience. This guarantees the best design in terms of values, costs and constructability.
Graduation topics are driven by the challenges we face on projects and link to a broad range of disciplines. The more specific you are in what you are looking for, the better we might be able to find a match with an assignment. Based on thorough system understanding, our graduates explore inclusive design alternatives in which Building with Nature is a starting point to bring extra values to our projects.
Your responsibilities as Hydraulic Engineering graduate intern:
- Carrying out a theoretical or experimental assignment that you and your Boskalis mentor agreed upon in the interview phase;
- Doing research for your assignment; by using the in-house test facilities, by doing desk research or a combination of the two;
- Use all available resources: your out of the box thinking, our experts at the Papendrecht Head office and on our international projects, and parties like peer group companies, universities and knowledge institutes.
You can make your mark as a Hydraulic Engineering graduate intern if you are/have:
- currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s / Masters degree program in Civil Engineering, Environmental Sciences or similar;
- study in/are a resident of the Netherlands;
- in-depth knowledge of task supporting software;
- have affinity with marine contracting and engineering;
- master the English language in word and written.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects. Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides internship compensation you will get a great deal of responsibility and a laptop to use. Armed with your OV Student Product, you can access the Boskalis campus by public transport: the waterbus, regional bus or train. If you use the latter, you can hop on the Boskalis van that goes between station Sliedrecht Baanhoek and the Papendrecht campus in the early morning and late afternoon. Furthermore you can easily share a ride with colleagues via the Boskalis Carpool App.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: Interns at Hydronamic receive daily supervision from our professional staff, but more important: they will work in an open atmosphere where they can easily connect to other students and employees to sharpen their thoughts and explore new horizons.
- Where you will work: Boskalis Head Office, Papendrecht
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Hydraulic Engineering graduate intern is a fulltime (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of Hydraulic Engineering graduate intern. Please contact Yvette van Leijsen, Campus Recruiter via +31 786968570 or meet us at an event. Find here a list of upcoming events.
Interested? Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.