Complex dredging and offshore (energy) projects, carried out globally, require reliable financial information. You can imagine that within a capital-intensive and stock market listed company like Boskalis, a complex financial structure exists.
If you are currently following the Accountancy or Finance & Control study track and would like to become part of a dynamic team working from the head office of Boskalis, we might be looking for you! Continue to read and find out more about the all-round practical internship within the Financial Shared Service Centre department.
The Financial Shared Service Centre (FSSC) consist of three departments: accounts payable administration, salary administration and accounting & reporting. During your internship you will gain insight into the various financial processes within Boskalis. Also, you will get to explore the various departments within our company since we will actively involve you in the collaboration with other teams.
Within the FSSC dedication to the customers is of great importance, just as much as working towards the set goals together. In trying to solve problems it is important to think in processes and always keep the significance of the organization in mind. The FSSC is in constant motion, which requires the team members to be flexible in their work attitude.
As a Finance intern you will, together with colleagues, take up a variety of tasks:
- recording incoming invoices;
- executing international expenditure commitments of Dutch subsidiary companies;
- related financial activities and administration: monitoring and managing suspense accounts, setting up journal entries, caring for VAT return, but also maintaining internal/external relations.
To be considered for this practical internship in financial project management you are/have:
- a 3rd year HBO/WO BSc student following the study track Accountancy, Finance & Control or similar;
- based in the Netherlands or a Dutch resident;
- available as of September 2019;
- excellent at figures and analytically strong;
- pro-active, precise and flexible and you work goal- and service oriented;
- good knowledge of the MS Office applications, especially Excel;
- affinity with the Boskalis projects;
- good English language skills.
As an intern, you can expect your hours to be compensated in cash. When demonstrable no longer in the possession of an OV-student travel product, travel costs will be reimbursed on a commuter traffic base. The added value of a graduate internship at Boskalis, however, is particularly in elements like:
- a great deal of responsibility;
- a professional, yet informal working atmosphere;
- colleagues proud of one’s work, the leading projects and Boskalis in general.
Please, be informed that the interviews are expected to take place in week 17/18.